I enjoy salads year round, but there's something special about a fall salad. There are so many hearty fall vegetables and fruits that bring together unique flavor combinations. This easy recipe for a Fall Harvest Salad combines some of my favorite flavors such as pomegranate and delicata squash.
This recipe is Paleo, Vegan and Allergy Friendly, even Whole 30 approved. Exact ingredients/measurements are not necessary and will depend on your personal taste preferences. This recipe serves one, but can easily be multiplied to serve more.
Fall Harvest Salad
- 1 large handful fresh green beans
- 1 Cup carrot chips
- ⅓ delicata squash
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pink salt, garlic powder and cinnamon to taste
- ½ head butter lettuce
- ¼ Cup pomegranate seeds
- ⅛ Cup red onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash green beans, remove ends and cut in half.
- Place green beans and carrot chips in medium sized bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands to coat the vegetables.
- Wash delicata squash, remove ends and seeds then cut into rings about ¼" thick.
- Place green beans, carrot chips and delicata squash on a lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the green beans and carrots with salt and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle the cut delicata squash with salt and cinnamon.
- Place vegetables in middle rack of oven and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Optional: Broil 3-5 minutes after baking.
- Wash butter lettuce, dry then chop. Place on plate or large bowl.
- Once vegetables are done cooking, cool to room temperature.
- Place cooled vegetables, pomegranate seeds and onion on bed of butter lettuce. Top with your favorite dressing and enjoy!
Recipe serves one
I promise you, even thought there are quite a few steps to this recipe, it is extremely easy to make! Anyone knows how to make a salad, the tough part can be figuring out what flavor combinations to choose from. For this recipe, basically all you need to do is roast green beans, carrots and delicata squash to your liking (with whatever oils and seasonings you prefer), place them on a bed of fresh butter lettuce, add some chopped onion and pomegranate seeds, your favorite dressing and you're done! A delicious fall salad!