I cannot get over how delicious Nuzest’s flavored protein powders are – truly the best Vegan protein I’ve tried. Thanks to Instagram, I discovered this healthy protein powder company. However, it took me well over a year to try their products for myself. Why did it take me so long?! I was definitely missing out because recipes like these Vanilla Protein Paleo Waffles are a frequent MUST these days.
Nuzest’s Protein Powders have been making a frequent appearance in my recipes (like cookies and muffins), as I use them almost daily in my own meals and/or snacks. These Vanilla Protein Paleo Waffles are one of the many breakfasts that my family and I have been enjoying! My recipe for these healthy gluten-free waffles are grain free, dairy free, and do not contain any added sugar.
Why Choose Nuzest Protein Powder?
There are many reasons why I love the Nuzest protein. Like any protein powder, you really have to try it for yourself to determine whether it’s right for you; as we all have different taste. But these are the reasons why I love Nuzest pea protein powders:
- They contain pure, clean ingredients that are Paleo friendly, Vegan and allergy free. (Meaning more people can enjoy them and not experience digestive issues.)
- Their protein powders actually taste good. I can add them to smoothies, yogurt bowls, baked goods, etc and the results are delicious.
- Nuzest’s pea protein powders are low in sugar, containing 0g of sugar per serving. They do contain a sweetener called thaumatin, which is a sweet-tasting protein isolated from a West African fruit
- They bake really well – which is my favorite way to use protein powders.
If you haven’t tried any of Nuzest’s pea protein powders for yourself, I highly recommend you do. I’d start off with a can of the vanilla, as that’s my favorite flavor because it goes well with anything and everything.
What Ingredients Are In Paleo Protein Waffles?
These Vanilla Protein waffles contain a mixture of blanched almond flour, tapioca flour and Nuzest vanilla pea protein. Baking powder is added for texture and to get that fluffy, crisp waffle quality; along with avocado oil. Mix in an egg to bind the ingredients and add a bit of water to get the batter the right consistency and “ta-da” you’ve got a plate of perfect protein waffles.
How To Make Protein Waffles
Making Paleo protein waffles is easy.
Simply throw together the dry ingredients (in this case almond flour, tapioca flour, protein powder and baking powder).
Mix in the wet ingredients (egg, avocado oil and water).
Then place batter on a pre-heated waffle iron and cook until done.
These easy Paleo protein waffles are crisp and fluffy and best of all, they’re naturally sweet – they don’t contain any added sugar.
For a little extra sweetness, you may either add 1-2 tsp of your preferred sugar/sweetener or top with something sugary. For instance, I topped these high protein Paleo waffles with homemade strawberry syrup. This simple strawberry syrup contains 4 large frozen strawberries (chopped and warmed in the microwave), 1 tsp maple syrup and 1 tsp coconut oil.
High protein, crisp and fluffy Paleo protein waffles made with whey-free protein powder, no added sugar and only 7 ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Mix in wet ingredients.
- Pour 2-3 Tbsp batter on preheated mini waffle iron. Cook until done.
- Remove waffle and repeat step 3 until no more batter remains.
- Top with favorite toppings and serve.
*Use my affiliate discount code “bakeitpaleo” for 15% off any Nuzest purchase
Keywords: breakfast, protein recipes, waffles, no added sugar