It's a miracle! I actually have a savory recipe for you guys: Simple One-Pan Turmeric & Garlic Chicken Thighs! As many of you know from my Instagram account, I eat a lot of savory foods in the form salads, mountains of veggies, meats, eggs, potatoes, cheese, etc. Normally, I don't measure anything when it comes to a savory meal, nor do I keep track of the cooking time. I frequently use my own mixture of spices when cooking meats, but never measure anything out because it takes time, requires extra cleaning (more dishes), and I know what flavors I like to pair together without the need to portion them exactly.
Well, today is a special day because I prepared these healthy Garlic & Turmeric Chicken Thighs with a recipe in mind. I measured all the ingredients and even kept track of the cooking time. These chicken thighs are Paleo, made with simple spices you should already have on hand and cook in less than 20 minutes.
These One-Pan Turmeric & Garlic Chicken Thighs are SO tasty! I actually prefer thighs to any other form of chicken. I always make sure to buy organic, pasture-raised and boneless chicken thighs so preparation is easy and I know I'm getting quality food. This recipe is best when the thighs are marinated for 12-24 hours, but it's not necessary. Cooking time is only 15-20 minutes and all you need is a frying pan. Super simple!
What Pairs Well With Turmeric & Garlic Chicken Thighs
You'll nearly always find me adding protein to a salad. Why? Simply because salads are the easiest meal to make. I'm all about convenience and saving time and salads do just that.
However, if you're not much of a salad person or you're just looking for other options, there are many items to pair this chicken with. A few other low prep ideas are:
- roasted vegetables and baked sweet potato
- cauliflower rice and plantain fries
- Paleo onion rings and fresh fruit
- roasted squash and vegetables
The easiest pan-cooked chicken thigh. Marinated in coconut aminos with turmeric, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Combine garlic powder, turmeric, cumin, pink salt and ground pepper in medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add chicken thighs to bowl and coat with spice mixture.
- Pour coconut aminos over coated chicken thighs.
- Cover and store chicken thighs in fridge, letting marinate for 12-24 hours. (You may rotate chicken half-way through to more evenly marinate.)
- Once chicken thighs are ready to cook, take out a large frying pan and coat with avocado oil. Place chicken thighs on pan, cover with lid and cook at medium-high temperature for 15-20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Keywords: chicken, dinner, lunch, main course, egg free, allergy free, nut free, no added sugar