These are the best almond flour sugar cookies! The dough is made with almond flour, doesn't require any chilling, is easy to roll out and bakes in minutes. This cut-out cookie recipe is paleo, vegan and egg free.
- 1 1/3 cup blanched almond flour (120g)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour (64g)
- 1/4 cup ground flax (25g)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup non-hydrogenated shortening (or butter) room temperature
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered monk fruit
- 1 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 1-2 Tbsp water (or almond milk)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, ground flax, coconut sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add in the shortening, water and vanilla. First mix with a spatula or fork, then use your hands to combine the dough. The cookie dough may appear too dry at first - keep working it with your hands until it can be rolled into a ball. If absolutely necessary, add a little extra water.
- Flatten the dough on a sheet of parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment on top and roll the cookie dough between the parchment. You'll want to roll the dough to about 1/8" - 1/4" thick.
- Grab a cookie cutter and cut the dough to desired shapes. I used mostly small cookie cutter for this batch, but large cookie cutters work too (the cookies will still hold together). Just don't select anything too intricate.
- Transfer the cut-out cookies to the lined baking sheet, then place them in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees F for 7-9 minutes, or until golden brown.
- After baking, let the cookies cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet. If you try to remove them right away they will fall apart!
- Combine all icing ingredients in a small dish. Whisk until smooth.
- Optional: add whole food powders such as beet root powder, spirulina, spinach powder, turmeric, etc. to color the icing.
- Place the icing in a plastic baggie. Cut a small hole on one end and pipe the frosting onto the cooled cookies.
Keywords: almond flour sugar cookies, vegan almond flour cookies, vegan cut out cookies, vegan sugar cookies, paleo sugar cookie recipe, paleo almond flour sugar cookies, paleo cut out cookies, eggless almond flour sugar cookies, eggless cookies, paleo Christmas cookies, Vegan Christmas cookies, grain free cut out cookies