This baked pumpkin donut recipe is gluten free, paleo and nut free. These cake donuts are made with tigernut flour and sweetened with maple syrup.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup tigernut flour (80g)*
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour (65g)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
Cinnamon Sugar Coating (optional)
- avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a silicone donut baking pan with avocado oil (recipe makes 7-8 donuts) and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together wet ingredients. This includes the egg, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, avocado oil and vanilla.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. This includes the tigernut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the greased silicone donut pan. Each donut slot should contain about 1/4 cup batter, filling the slots about 3/4 of the way full.
- Place the silicone donut pans on a large baking sheet and pop in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove the donuts from the oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Once cooled, add a cinnamon sugar coating to the donuts. Combine cinnamon and sugar in a bowl (large enough to fit one donut). Brush the top of the donuts with avocado oil and then dip them into the cinnamon sugar coating.
*May substitute with almond flour. I recommend sifting the tigernut flour to remove any large chunks.
Keywords: pumpkin donuts, paleo donut recipe, cake donuts, tigernut flour donuts, nut free donut recipe, baked pumpkin donut recipe, baked donuts, healthy donut recipe, sweet breakfast recipe, gluten free pumpkin donuts, paleo pumpkin donuts