These healthy, veggie filled meatballs are egg free, nut free and don’t contain any breadcrumbs. They’re perfect as a main dish for toddlers, kids and adults.
- 1–1 1/2 lbs organic ground beef
- 1 medium carrot, grated (about 85 g)
- 1 scallion (or sub small red onion)
- 2–3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- ground pepper (to taste)
- Press or finely chop garlic, add to large mixing bowl.
- Remove papery skin from scallion and dice, add to mixing bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in mixing bowl and knead with your hands until well mixed.
- Roll mixture into balls and place on large frying pan.
- Cover pan and cook on medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Uncover and flip meatballs. Continue cooking until water on pan dissipates.
Keywords: egg free, nut free, allergy friendly, main dish, dinner, lunch, meatball