These healthy buckwheat cookies are gluten free, dairy free and loaded with dark chocolate chips. They're heathier than your average cookie, but just as delicious!
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup non-hydrogenated shortening (62g), room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour (80g)
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine egg, shortening, sugar, butter and vanilla (I used a fork, but a stand mixer would work well too).
- Mix in buckwheat flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie dough onto lined baking sheet (2 Tbsp per cookie).
- Place cookies in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 10-11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet to room temperature.
Cookies are best taken out of the oven slightly under-baked
*Recommended for texture purposes, however you may swap it with more buckwheat flour if necessary.
Keywords: buckwheat cookies, chocolate chip buckwheat cookies, buckwheat flour recipes, paleo cookie recipe, gluten free chocolate chip cookies, buckwheat flour dessert, grain free recipes