Healthy butternut squash brownies that are deliciously fudgy, easy to make and kid approved. Paleo, gluten free and dairy free.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8" x 8" baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the dark chocolate in a small sauce pan. Melt on the stove top, over low heat. Once fully melted, turn off heat.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together squash puree, coconut sugar, eggs, avocado oil, and vanilla.
- Add in almond flour, cocoa powder and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Using a spatula, mix in the melted dark chocolate.
- Pour batter into the lined baking dish.
- Place the brownies in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in baking dish.
For best results, measure ingredients by weight (when given).
*I steamed butternut squash in a steamer pot and then pureed it in a food processor. You can also used canned squash puree or pumpkin puree. Any squash variety should work.
Keywords: squash recipes, butternut squash brownies, paleo brownie recipe, paleo brownies, grain free brownies, butternut squash dessert, easy squash recipes