These healthy butternut squash tots are made with pureed squash and cassava flour. They are great finger food for kids and they're gluten free, dairy free and paleo friendly.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the pureed squash, egg, olive oil and honey. Whisk until well combined.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients: cassava flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, rosemary, salt and garlic. Use a large spatula or wooden spoon to mix the dough.
- Using a small cookie scoop (1 tablespoon in size), scoop the dough and shape it into a cylinder. Lay the tots on the lined baking sheet.
- Brush each tot with a little olive oil and then sprinkle with flaked sea salt. (This step is optional but recommended.)
- Place the tots in the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 14-16 minutes. When done, the tots will have cracked tops and be golden brown on the bottom.
- Let the tots cool a few minutes on the pan, then serve.
*I steamed and pureed my own butternut squash. Another option is to buy canned squash puree. To make your own: cut off the ends of the butternut squash, removing the stem and base. Then, cut the squash in half length-wise. Remove the seeds, then cut the squash into cubes. Place the squash into a steamer pot an steam until tender. Let the squash cool to room temperature then blend it in a food processor or high powered blender. (No need to remove the skin.)
Keywords: butternut squash tots, butternut squash recipes, squash tots, healthy squash tots, gluten free squash tots, cassava flour squash tots, cassava flour dinner recipes, paleo dinner recipes