Paleo sugar cookies made from cassava flour. Dairy free, nut free, grain free and no refrigeration needed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cassava flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add in shortening. Use your hands to work the shortening into the flour mixture until the dough starts to clump.
- Mix in egg, maple syrup and vanilla. First, mix with a spatula or fork, then use your hands to knead the dough.
- Roll dough into a ball, flatten and roll between two sheets of parchment paper using a rolling pin (until dough is about 1/8-1/4 inch thick).
- Use cookie cutters to cut shapes in the dough. Transfer the shapes from the parchment paper to a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes*
- Remove from oven, cool to room temperature on a cooling rack and frost.
*Cooking time will vary slightly depending on cookie size and thickness.
Keywords: cookies, Paleo, dairy free, holiday, nut free, Christmas, sugar cookies, cut out cookies