These Chocolate Chip Plantain Cookies are easy to make and have the perfect cookie texture – a crispy outer layer and soft interior. They are Paleo, Vegan, gluten free, dairy free and egg free.
- 1 flax egg*
- 1/2 cup almond butter (no-stir, no salt, no sugar)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup green plantain flour (50g)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1–2 oz dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, make the flax egg. Let the mixture rest 5 minutes to thicken.
- Place all remaining ingredients (except chocolate) into the mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Chop dark chocolate (or use chocolate chips) and fold into the dough.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto a baking sheet (about 1 rounded tablespoon of dough/cookie) and place in the middle rack of your oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool on pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
*1 flax egg = 1 Tbsp ground flax + 3 Tbsp water
Keywords: cookies, chocolate chip, plantains, green plantain flour, Paleo, Vegan, egg free, dessert