These healthy fig bars have a dried fig and hazelnut filling that's coated in dark chocolate. They're Paleo, Vegan and no bake!
- Line an 8" x 8" baking pan with foil, set aside.
- Combine all fig bar ingredients, except water, in food processor. Blend, for 1 minute.
- Add water, then blend until dough starts to clump.
- Firmly press dough into the lined pan, then place bars in freezer for at least one hour to set.
- Remove bars from freezer and cut into 16 even pieces.
- Make the topping. In a small sauce pan, melt chocolate and coconut oil. Turn the heat to low, stirring frequently until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Once chocolate is fully melted, remove from heat. Dip fig bars in melted chocolate and set on a sheet of parchment paper to dry.
- Drizzle excess chocolate over the bars and top with flaked sea salt (optional).
- Store in fridge or freezer.
*Any variety of dried figs will work. Be sure to remove stems before processing.
Keywords: fig bars, chocolate covered fig bars, turkish figs, no bake desserts, vegan candy bars, paleo dessert, egg free