Healthy, 5 ingredient strawberry truffles covered in dark chocolate. Paleo, dairy free, easy to make and perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries (22g)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (90g)
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds (65g)*
- 1 tsp honey (maple syrup for Vegan)
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate
- For the filling: Place all filling ingredients in food processor. Blend, stopping to scrape the sides every so often, until mixture starts to clump and can be shaped into balls. (Takes about 10 minutes.)
- Scoop out 1/2 tablespoon of mixture and form into a ball** Repeat until no more filling remains. (Recipe makes 20 truffles)
- Place the balls on a small baking sheet or plate. Freeze for at least 10 minutes to harden.
- For the Coating: Melt dark chocolate in a sauce pan, over low heat.
- Once the chocolate is fully melted, turn off the heat. Grab the balls from the freezer and dip into melted dark chocolate. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet or large plate to set.
- Optional: drizzle remaining dark chocolate over truffles and add a pinch of crushed, freeze dried strawberries.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
*Replace blanched almonds with sunflower seeds for a nut-free option
**If you are having trouble forming the mixture into balls, then continue blending. Another option is to add more sweetener (honey, maple syrup or dates), which will add moisture to the mixture.
Keywords: truffles, chocolate, Valentine's Day, Paleo, Vegan, dessert, strawberry, no bake