Healthy, 5 ingredient strawberry truffles covered in dark chocolate. Paleo, dairy free, easy to make and perfect for Valentine's Day.
For the filling:
- Place all filling ingredients in food processor. Blend, stopping to scrape the sides every so often, until mixture starts to clump and can be shaped into balls. (This takes 6-8 minutes.)
- Scoop out about 1 rounded teaspoon of the mixture and form into a ball** Repeat until no more filling remains. (Recipe makes 25-27 truffles)
- Place the balls on a small baking sheet or plate. Freeze for at least 10 minutes to harden.
For the Coating:
- Melt dark chocolate in a sauce pan, over low heat.
- Once the chocolate is fully melted, turn off the heat. Grab the balls from the freezer and dip into the melted dark chocolate. Place the dipped balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet or large plate to set.
- Top with crushed freeze dried strawberries.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
*Replace blanched almonds with sunflower seeds for a nut-free option
**If you are having trouble forming the mixture into balls, then continue blending. Another option is to add more sweetener (honey, maple syrup or dates), which will add moisture to the mixture. I made teaspoon sized truffles, but you can make them larger if you wish.
Keywords: strawberry truffles, chocolate covered strawberry truffles, paleo strawberry truffles, healthy strawberry truffles, freeze dried strawberry recipes, valentines day desserts