These healthy gingerbread truffles have a creamy date, almond and gingerbread flavored filling and a dark chocolate coating. They're the perfect holiday treat to share!
- Add all filling ingredients, except cocoa powder, to the food processor. Blend, stopping to scrape the sides a few times.
- Add the cocoa powder and blend again. Mixture should be a thick, sticky dough that can easily mold into the shape of a ball.
- Roll the dough into balls about 1 tablespoon in size. Place the rolled balls on a flat, movable surface such as a small baking sheet or plate.
- Freeze the truffles for at least an hour, letting the dough harden.
- Melt dark chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan, over low heat. Stir frequently until mixture is fully melted.
- Remove the balls from the freezer and dip, one at a time, into the melted chocolate. Place the dipped balls on a wire cooling rack or piece of parchment paper for chocolate to set.
- If you have leftover chocolate, drizzle the remaining chocolate over the dipped truffles. Add a pinch of flaked sea salt before chocolate has time to fully set.
- Best stored in fridge
*omit salt if almond butter is salted
Keywords: truffles, gingerbread, egg free, Vegan, Paleo, dessert, holiday