Healthy plantain brownies made with ripe plantains, dates and cocoa powder. Paleo, vegan, gluten free and nut free!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8" x 8" glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Peel and cut plantain into about 1/2 inch slices.
- Add plantain and pitted dates to food processor. Blend until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir with a spatula, then blend until smooth.
- Spread batter into the lined baking dish.
- Place brownies in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove brownies from oven and cool to room temperature in pan.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Spread frosting over cooled brownies.
*ripe plantain meaning: yellow with many black/brown spots
**use just the cream from a can of full fat coconut milk or canned coconut cream
Keywords: plantain brownies, paleo plantain brownies, vegan plantain brownies, paleo brownie recipe, no added sugar brownies, date brownies, allergy friendly brownies, nut free brownies, healthy brownie recipe