Healthy chocolate sandwich cookies consisting of a coconut filling sandwiched between two grain free chocolate cookies.
- Make the Cookies: preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all dry cookie ingredients (almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, ground flax, and salt).
- Mix in wet ingredients: coconut oil, water and vanilla. Mix first with a spatula, then use your hands to combine the dough. If the dough is too dry, add more water (one tablespoon at a time).
- Roll cookie dough between two sheets of parchment paper using a rolling pin. Roll to about 1/4 inches thick.
- Use a small circular cookie cutter (or the rim of a shot glass) to cut out circles.
- Transfer the cookies to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes.
- After baking, cool the cookies for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack.
- Re-roll extra dough and cut out more cookies. You should get about 48 miniature cookies (which will make 24 sandwich cookies).
- Make the filling: Melt coconut butter, then combine with powdered monk fruit. Place the mixture in a plastic bag.
- Assemble: Pipe the filling onto half of the chocolate cookies. Place the remaining cookies on top of the frosted ones, making a "sandwich".
Keywords: sandwich cookies, vanilla and chocolate sandwich cookies, paleo cookie recipe, vegan sandwich cookies, copycat oreos, paleo oreo cookies, recipe using coconut butter, healthy sandwich cookies, easy cookie recipe, chocolate cut out cookies