Easy Cinnamon Apple Bagels with a sugar-free icing. Paleo, Vegan, nut free, only and sweetened with fruit - the best healthy bagels.
- 175g Fuji Apple (about 1 +1/2 cups chopped)*
- 55g pitted dates (about 8 Deglet dates or 5 Medjool)
- 106g arrowroot starch (3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp)
- 32g coconut flour (1/3 cup sifted, spooned & leveled)
- 22g ground flax (4 Tbsp)**
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the dough for the bagels: wash the apples, remove the cores and chop them into small cubes. Place the apples and dates in a food processor. Blend, stopping every so often to scrape the sides, until the mixture is a chunky puree. Add remaining bagel ingredients to food processor. Stir the dough with a spatula a few times, then blend until the dough starts to clump together.
- Shape the bagels: Remove the dough from the food processor and separate into four equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and form into a bagel. (Dust your hands with arrowroot flour if the dough is too sticky.)
- Bake the bagels: Place the bagels on a lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes. After baking, remove from oven and cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Make the icing: Mix together powdered monk fruit and tapioca flour. Add in warm water and mix until smooth.
- Ice the bagels: Once bagels have fully cooled, dip them into the icing. Or, drizzle the icing on top of the bagels using a small spoon. Top with additional cinnamon.
Keywords: bagels, cinnamon apple, no added sugar, nut free, Paleo bagels, Vegan, Fall foods, egg free, allergy friendly