Healthy apple walnut muffins made with almond flour, flavored with freeze dried apples and loaded with raw walnuts. Paleo, gluten free and dairy free.
- 1 bag freeze dried apples (28g or about 1.5 cups)
- 1 cup blanched almond flour (90g)
- 1/3 cup arrowroot starch (48g)
- 1 tsp apple pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water (or nut milk)
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp honey (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces (40g)
- 2 Tbsp powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch (or tapioca flour)
- 2 tsp almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with 8 muffin cups.
- Add all ingredients except walnuts to food processor and blend until well mixed.
- Add in walnuts and pulse batter a few times*
- Pour batter into lined muffin pan.
- Place the muffins on the middle rack of your oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool muffins to room temperature on a wire cooling rack.
- Optional: make the icing. Combine all icing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle icing over cooled muffins.
*If you don't want the walnut pieces to show in the muffins then add them in step 2 with all other ingredients.
Keywords: cinnamon apple walnut muffins, walnut muffins, apple muffins, paleo muffin recipe, flourless apple muffins, paleo snack, grain free recipes