These healthy coconut cream bars have a chocolate cookie base that's topped with a coconut cream filling. This easy dessert is paleo, vegan and no bake.
- 1/2 cup almond flour (50g)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (20g)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Line an 8" x 4" loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients for the crust. This includes the almond flour, coconut powder and salt.
- Mix in the almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla using a spatula. Then use your hands to fully combine the dough. The crust will appear too dry at first, just keep kneading it with your hands. If it is too dry and crumbly, add an extra tablespoon of almond butter or maple syrup, or even a teaspoon of water.
- Firmly press the crust into the lined baking dish and set aside.
- Rinse out the bowl you used to make the crust and use it to make the filling.
- Add all the filling ingredients to the mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. This includes the coconut cream*, maple syrup, vanilla extract, tapioca flour and beet powder.
- Pour the filling over the crust and place the bars in the fridge overnight, or until the coconut cream filling has hardened.
- Once chilled, cut the bars to desired size and add your favorite toppings.
- Best stored in fridge up to one week.
*If the coconut cream is firm (for instance chilled overnight in the fridge) then warm it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds or until softened
Keywords: coconut cream bars, valentines day, pink desserts, grain free dessert, paleo desserts, vegan valentines desserts, no bake paleo desserts