Healthy, low carb chocolate chip cookies with collagen. Great for a dessert that is low in sugar but still tastes decadent.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine collagen, cassava flour, sweetener, baking soda and salt.
- Mix in almond butter, egg and vanilla.
- Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- Refrigerate dough for 15 minutes**
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Scoop 1 rounded tablespoon of chilled dough per cookie onto baking sheet (making 12 cookies).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
*May omit cassava flour, but cookies will have a different texture. They will turn out flat and fall apart easily, but still taste great. Baking time will lessen if you omit cassava flour. Another alternative is to substitute the cassava flour with another gluten free flour blend or all-purpose flour (making the cookies not Paleo).
**Refrigerating the dough helps the cookies hold their shape when they bake. You don't have to complete this step, but it is highly recommended. While the dough chills - do the dishes!
Keywords: collagen cookies, collagen recipes, paleo chocolate chip cookies, keto cookies, cassava flour cookies, paleo dessert, low carb recipe