This Paleo and Vegan Cookie Dough Smoothie tastes like ice cream, but is healthy, nourishing, high in protein and contains hidden veggies. It’s perfect for any meal of the day!
- 1 heaping cup frozen cauliflower florets (125g)*
- 1/2 heaping cup frozen cubed sweet potato (80g)*
- 1/2 ripe banana (75g)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder**
- 1 heaping Tbsp almond butter (sunflower seed butter for nut free)
- plant based milk (add 1 Tbsp at a time, as needed)
- handful chocolate chips
- Slightly defrost frozen cauliflower and sweet potato by warming in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- In a food processor or high powered blender, blend cauliflower, sweet potato and banana for a few seconds. Stop to scrape the sides, then blend a few seconds more.
- Add in remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips) and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape the sides every so often. Add more liquid as needed.
- Add chocolate chips to the smoothie and pulse a few times until combined.
- Scoop smoothie into a bowl and eat!
*Prior to making smoothie, steam the cauliflower and sweet potato in a steamer pot. Freeze overnight or at least 4 hours. When ready to use, slightly defrost the frozen cauliflower and sweet potato.
The protein powder I used is from Nuzest. It is a pea protein with great flavor and texture. Use my discount code: BAKEITPALEO for 15% off any Nuzest purchase.
Keywords: smoothie, cookie dough, Paleo, Vegan, egg free, dairy free, breakfast, snack, protein, nuzest, cauliflower, sweet potato, hidden veggies, no added sugar