This dairy free chocolate ice cream recipe is thick, creamy and delicious! It's made with soaked cashews, coconut cream and dark chocolate that's blended and then churned in an ice cream maker.
- Soak the cashew pieces in 2 cups hot water for at least an hour. I ended up soaking mine over-night, but you don't need to soak them that long.
- Pour the cashews and the water they were soaked in into a blender. Blend until all cashew pieces are pulverized and you have a smooth, creamy cashew milk.
- Add the coconut cream, vanilla and salt to the blender.
- Combine the coconut sugar and water in a small sauce pan, and warm over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Add in the chocolate and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve immediately or scoop ice cream into a loaf pan, cover and freeze.
I used a Cuisinart ice cream maker to churn the ice cream for this recipe.
The ice cream gets rock solid in the freezer. So you will need to defrost it at least 20 minutes before eating.
Keywords: dairy free chocolate ice cream, chocolate ice cream recipe, paleo chocolate ice cream, vegan chocolate ice cream, egg free chocolate ice cream, chocolate desserts, no bake desserts, paleo vegan desserts