Healthy dark chocolate protein balls made with pea protein and dipped in dark chocolate. Paleo, vegan and nut free.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all dry filling ingredients. This includes the protein powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- Mix in the sunflower seed butter and vanilla extract. Add water as needed. Mix first with a spatula, then use your hands to knead the dough. It will have a playdough-like texture.
- Roll the dough into balls about 1 tablespoon in size. Place the balls on a small baking sheet or large plate.
- Freeze the balls for 30 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Dip the balls into the dark chocolate and place on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Drizzle any remaining chocolate over the balls and top with flaked sea salt.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
*Use my Nuzest discount code BAKEITPALEO for 15% off any purchase
**You may need more or less water depending on the protein powder you use. For sweeter protein balls, swap the water for maple syrup.
Keywords: paleo protein balls, low carb chocolate protein balls, vegan protein ball recipe, pea protein recipes, nuzest pea protein, paleo snack ideas, low carb desserts, easy chocolate protein balls, nut free protein balls, protein balls without dates, chocolate protein balls without oats