This easy paleo blueberry cobbler recipe is made with fresh blueberries and topped with sweet tigernut flour biscuits. Paleo, Vegan and nut free!
- 3 cups fresh blueberries (16oz)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the filling: wash blueberries and pat dry. Place in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add maple syrup, lemon juice and lemon zest to blueberries and stir with a spatula or wooden spoon until well coated. Sprinkle on the tapioca flour and salt. Mix until well coated. Pour the blueberry filling into a 11" x 7" or 8" square baking dish.
- Make the biscuit topping: Combine the tigernut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add in the shortening, water, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix until just combined* Use a large cookie scoop to scoop the biscuit dough onto the blueberry filling. Using your hands, flatten the biscuits into a disc-like shape.
- Place the cobbler in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
- After baking, remove from oven and cool in baking dish to room temperature.
- May be served warm, room temperature or chilled.
- Leftovers best stored in the fridge and eaten within 3-4 days.
*I mixed the biscuit dough with a fork. It may appear too dry at first, keep working the dough and it will moisten.
Keywords: blueberry dessert, paleo blueberry recipe, paleo cobbler, paleo vegan cobbler, tigernut flour recipes, tigernut flour desserts, summer dessert recipe, grain free cobbler, gluten free blueberry cobbler, vegan cobbler, healthy dessert, nut free