This gluten free blackberry cobbler recipe has a sweet blackberry filling that's topped with an almond flour biscuit topping. It's gluten free, paleo friendly, dairy free and vegan.
- 4 cups blackberries (about 18 oz)*
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the blackberry filling: In a large mixing bowl, combine the blackberries, maple syrup, lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix with a spatula until the blackberries are well coated.
- Sprinkle the tapioca starch and salt over the blackberries. Mix with a spatula until the blackberries are well coated.
- Pour the filling into an 11" x 7" or an 8" x 8" baking dish.
- Make the Biscuit Topping: Wash and dry the bowl for the filling, then use it to make the biscuit topping.
- In the bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca starch, baking soda and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Add in the shortening, water, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix with a spatula until well combined (it will look like cookie dough).
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop the topping and place it over the filling. Gently press the topping down with your hands to flatten.
- Bake: Place the blackberry cobbler in your oven and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. When done, the topping will be golden brown and the filling bubbling.
- Eat: You can eat the cobbler warm, or let it chill in the fridge before enjoying. Personally, I like cobblers best after they've spent a night in the fridge. The filling firms up and the flavors are even better!
- Storage: This paleo blackberry cobbler needs to be stored in the fridge. You can place it in a sealed, airtight container or simply keep the cobbler in it's baking dish and cover with plastic wrap or beeswax wrap.
*I used fresh, wild blackberries, but store bought will work too. If the blackberries are large and firm, you may want to cut them in half.
Keywords: gluten free blackberry cobbler, blackberry cobbler recipe, paleo blackberry cobbler, vegan blackberry cobbler, egg free cobbler recipe, healthy blackberry cobbler, easy blackberry cobbler