Who needs a campfire when you have these healthy, Gluten Free S'mores Cookies? They're the perfect Paleo alternative to your traditional s'mores - grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free and even egg free!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cassava flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Mix in tahini, maple syrup, molasses and vanilla.
- Fold in the dark chocolate and marshmallows*
- Scoop dough onto a lined baking sheet using a small cookie scoop. (Each cookie is about 1 heaping tablespoon in size.) Further shape cookies as needed to encase marshmallows in the dough.
- Place cookies in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies and cool slightly on pan, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
*The marshmallows do melt when baking, but they create a delicious, caramel-like addition to the cookies. If you don't want them to melt, then add the marshmallows after 7 minutes of baking. Do this by removing the cookies from the oven, pressing the marshmallows into each cookie and then baking a few more minutes until the cookies are done.
Keywords: cookies, s'mores, nut free, egg free, Paleo, Vegan, allergy free, dessert