These healthy blueberry crumb bars have a grain free crust and crumble and a gooey blueberry filling. They're great chilled or eaten warm and topped with vanilla ice cream.
Crust and Crumble
- 2 cups Beth Blends Nut/Cassava Free Flour Blend (200g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup palm shortening (or butter), room temp
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp tapioca starch (or arrowroot)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8x4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Make the dough for the crust and crumble. Combine all of the dry ingredients, then mix in the wet ingredients. The dough may seem too dry at first, but keep kneading it with your hands until it comes together and can be shaped into a ball.
- Split the dough in half. Press one half of the dough into the lined baking pan. Set aside the rest for the crumble topping.
- Make the blueberry filling. Combine all of the filling ingredients in a small saucepan. Place the pan on the stovetop and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently. Cook the filling for 15 minutes. By this time, the blueberries should have burst and the filling will be a slightly runny liquid.
- Pour the blueberry filling over the crust.
- Add the crumble topping. Crumble the remaining dough over the top of the blueberry filling.
- Bake and Cool: place the blueberry crumb bars in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- After baking, remove the bars from the oven and let them cool to room temperature in the baking pan. If you want to cut the bars into squares, then chill them in the fridge overnight before serving.
- Storage: keep the bars in a sealed container in the fridge for up to one week.
Keywords: healthy blueberry crumb bars, paleo blueberry crumb bars, vegan blueberry crumb bars, blueberry crumble bars, gluten free blueberry crumb bars, healthy blueberry bars