These homemade Kit Kat bars are a healthy spin on the original version. They're crispy, crunchy and absolutely delicious! Gluten Free, Vegan and Paleo.
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour (or tigernut flour) (115g)*
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground flax**
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate (5oz)
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine all dry cookie ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. This includes the almond flour, coconut sugar, ground flax and salt.
Mix in the wet ingredients. This includes the coconut oil, water and vanilla. First mix with the dough with a spatula, then use your hands to knead it.
Roll the dough between two sheets of parchment paper using a rolling pin. The cookie dough should be about 1/8" thick.
Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut the cookies into rectangles about 3.5" x 0.75". Remove the excess dough and set it aside. (You'll re-roll it to make more cookies.)
Transfer the cookie dough on the parchment paper to a baking sheet (keeping the cookies on the parchment). Bake them at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Remove them from the oven and use a knife or pizza cutter to spread the cookies apart. Let them cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack.
- Melt the dark chocolate, then stir in the peanut butter.
- Cool the fudge mixture for about 10 minutes before spreading it onto the cookies (It should be thick like frosting).
- Each Kit Kat contains 3 cookies and two layers of fudge. Assemble the cookies and then set them on a lined baking sheet and place them in the freezer to set.
- Place the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan. Melt over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Grab the cookies from the freezer and dip them, one at a time, into the melted chocolate.
- Place the cookies back on the lined baking sheet to set.
- Drizzle any remaining chocolate over the cookies.
Keywords: Kit Kat recipe, homemade Kit Kats, Paleo candy bars, Vegan Kit Kats, healthy Kit Kat Recipe, homemade candy bars, Halloween candy, dessert recipes, copycat Kit Kats