Healthy pumpkin caramels with a creamy caramel filling that's dipped in dark chocolate. Paleo, gluten free, dairy free and low in added sugar.
- Line an 8" x 4" baking pan with foil or parchment, set aside.
- Melt cacao butter* and combine with almond butter, pumpkin puree, honey and vanilla.
- Add in collagen, cinnamon and salt. Mix until well combined
- Pour pumpkin filling into lined baking pan, using a spatula to smooth the mixture into a nice, even layer.
- Freeze the filling overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Make the chocolate coating by melting dark chocolate and coconut oil in a small sauce pan, over low heat on the stove top.
- While the chocolate is melting, grab the pumpkin caramel filling from the freezer. Cut to desired size.
- Dip the caramel filling into the melted chocolate. Place the caramels on a lined baking sheet to set.
- Drizzle any remaining chocolate over the caramels and top with extra cinnamon (optional).
- Store in fridge or freezer.
*I melted the cacao butter on the stove top, over low heat in a small sauce pan. I then used the sauce pan as my mixing bowl to combine all of the filling ingredients.