This healthy zucchini cake is gluten free, Paleo friendly and low in sugar but still tastes great! It's made with coconut flour, tapioca flour, sweetened with maple syrup and loaded with freshly shredded zucchini.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (56g)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (32g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, lightly packed (130g)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (just the cream from a can of full fat coconut milk)
- bee pollen
For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8" x 8" glass baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. This includes the coconut flour, tapioca flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. This includes the shredded zucchini, eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, vanilla and water.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and combine with a spatula. Batter is thick!
- Pour the batter into the lined baking dish. Place the dish in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool the cake to room temperature in the pan.
For the Frosting
- In a small dish, whisk coconut cream until smooth.
- Once the cake has completely cooled, spread the frosting over the cake.
- Optional: sprinkle with cinnamon and bee pollen.
For best results, measure ingredients by weight (when given)
Keywords: zucchini cake, coconut zucchini cake, low carb cake, breakfast cake, snack cake, paleo zucchini cake