These homemade flax crackers are low carb, keto, paleo and vegan friendly. This easy cracker recipe requires just 2 ingredients and is super easy to make!
- Combine the flax seeds, rosemary, salt and water in a bowl. Stir the mixture a few times, then place it in the fridge overnight (or for at least 4 hours). The mixture gels after being in the fridge, which makes the flax seeds stick together.
- Next, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the flax seed mixture on top of a piece of parchment paper. Place another piece of parchment over the flax and use a rolling pin to roll the flax mixture into a large rectangle (that will fit on a baking sheet). The crackers should be about 1/8" thick. Thicker is fine, but they will take longer to bake and won't turn out quite as crisp.
- Transfer the flax crackers (and the parchment) to a baking sheet.
- Place the crackers in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Keep both sheets of parchment in place while you bake the crackers.
- After baking for 30 minutes, remove the crackers from the oven and gently peel off the top sheet of parchment. Pop the crackers back in the oven and bake 5 more minutes.
- Remove the crackers from the oven and cool to room temperature. The crackers may seem a bit soft right out of the oven, but they will crisp up as they cool.
- Cut the crackers to desired size. You can break them with your hands or use a sharp knife to cut them.
Feel free to omit the rosemary and salt or swap them for other herbs and spices.
Baking time will vary slightly depending on cracker thickness. After they crackers have cooled, if they aren't as crisp as you would like, place them back in the oven. Bake them at 350 degrees, checking on them every few minutes.
Keywords: flax seed crackers, homemade flax seed crackers, flax crackers recipe, low carb flax crackers, keto flax crackers, 2 ingredient flax crackers, healthy seed crackers, homemade cracker recipe, easy flax crackers, flax crackers in the oven