These healthy Maple Pecan Bars have an almond flour shortbread crust and a creamy maple pecan filling. They are Paleo, Vegan and gluten free.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the crust: combine almond flour, tapioca flour and salt in a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix in melted coconut oil and maple syrup. (Dough should be crumbly but moist.) Firmly press dough into a parchment-lined 8" x 8" glass baking dish and set aside.
- For the Filling: In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine pecans, tapioca flour, cinnamon and salt. Mix until well coated. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, combine coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Cook on medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring frequently. (Mixture should be simmering but not boiling.)
- Pour the coated pecans into the sauce pan and continue cooking on medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. The mixture should thicken.
- Remove filling from heat and pour over crust. Smooth out so that filling is an even layer, coating the entire crust.
- Place bars in the preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Chill in fridge overnight**
- Cut and serve.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
*Use just the cream that rises to the top of a can of full fat coconut milk. One can of full fat coconut milk should be produce about 1 cup of cream.
**These bars cut best after chilling in the fridge overnight.
Keywords: maple pecan bars, pecan pie bars, paleo pecan dessert, vegan pecan bars, easy Thanksgiving desserts, holiday treats, dairy free pecan bars, gluten free pecan bars, healthy pecan bars