These miniature pumpkin pies have a cassava flour crust that's pressed into a muffin tin and filled with a creamy pumpkin filling. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and paleo friendly.
- 1 1/2 cups cassava flour (210g)
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup non-hydrogenated shortening (room temp)
- 1 large egg
- 3-5 Tbsp water*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a standard-sized muffin tin with shortening or butter
- Make the crust: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Mix in the shortening and egg, first with a fork, then use your hands to combine the dough. Add the water, one tablespoon at a time until you get a dough-like consistency
- Using a large cookie scoop (2 tablespoons in size) scoop the dough, roll it into a ball and press it into the greased muffin tin. Use your hands to shape the dough into miniature pie crusts that reach just below the rim of the muffin tin
- Make the filling: Combine all filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the pie crusts so that it sits just below the rim of the crust. Tap the pan to remove a few of the air bubbles
- Place the pies in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes
- After baking, cool the pies to room temperature in the pan, then use a butter knife to pop the pies out of the muffin tin
- Store pies in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to one week.
*Add the water one tablespoon at a time. You will need 3-5 tablespoons.
Keywords: miniature pumpkin pies, mini pumpkin pies, paleo pumpkin pies, gluten free pumpkin pies, gluten free pie crust, cassava flour pie crust, grain free pie crust, gluten free dairy free mini pies, healthy pumpkin pies