This mint chocolate tart has an almond flour shortbread crust that's topped with a rich, creamy dark chocolate filling. This holiday dessert is paleo, vegan and easily made keto.
- 1 + 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (145g)
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour (14g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut cream*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond butter
- 4 oz dark chocolate chips (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 Tbsp peppermint flavoring**
- shredded coconut
- miniature dark chocolate chips
- naturally colored sprinkles
- Line a 6" round springform pan with parchment (or foil). Set aside.
- For the Crust: combine the almond flour, coconut flour and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mix in the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Firmly press the crust into the springform pan.
- For the Filling: melt the chocolate chips and coconut cream in a small saucepan, over low heat. Stir frequently until chocolate chips are fully melted. Remove saucepan from heat and mix in the almond butter and peppermint flavoring. Pour the filling over crust.
- Place the tart in the fridge overnight to set, or for at least 4 hours.
- Decorate with toppings just prior to serving.
- Best stored in the fridge or slice and store in freezer.
*Use just the cream from a can of full fat coconut cream/milk. I like Whole Foods organic coconut cream. One 13.5 oz can will produce approximately 1 cup.
**You will need to adjust the quantity of peppermint if you're using an extract/oil instead of the peppermint flavoring. Extract is much stronger, so start with just a drop or two. For an even more minty flavor, use mint chocolate instead of plain.
Keywords: mint chocolate tart, peppermint tart, paleo chocolate tart, paleo mint tart, vegan mint chocolate tart, no bake chocolate mint tart, no bake chocolate pie, keto mint tart, paleo peppermint tart, low sugar mint chocolate tart