A healthy spin on the classic mounds candy bar! These mounds bars have a coconut filling that's coated in dark chocolate - paleo, vegan and keto friendly.
- 1/2 cup coconut cream*
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (maple flavored syrup for keto)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 5 oz dark chocolate (about 1 cup chocolate chips)
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine coconut cream, maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Mix in the shredded coconut until well combined.
- Use a large cookie scoop (2 tablespoons in size) to scoop the coconut filling. Place the filling on the lined baking sheet and mold it into an oval-like shape with your hands.
- Freeze the fillings for 30-60 minutes or until firm.
- Place the dark chocolate in a small sauce pan. Melt on the stove top, over low heat, stirring frequently. Once melted, remove from heat and grab the fillings from the freezer.
- One at a time, dip the fillings into the melted chocolate. Place them back on the lined baking sheet to set.
- Optional: Drizzle remaining dark chocolate over the candy bars and add a pinch of flaked sea salt.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
*Just the cream from a can of full fat coconut milk. I recommend chilling the can in the fridge overnight so that the cream separates from the milk.
Keywords: mounds candy bars, mounds bars, vegan mounds, paleo mounds bars, paleo candy bars, vegan candy bars, keto mounds, keto candy bars, nut free dessert, paleo dessert recipes, healthy candy bars, egg free dessert, allergy friendly desserts