Paleo bagels made in the air fryer. Gluten free, grain free, egg free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
Make the Dough
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients: tapioca flour, cassava flour, almond flour, poppy seeds, baking soda and salt.
- Add in wet ingredients. Mix first with a spatula, then use your hands to knead the dough. The dough may appear too dry, keep working it until it is fully combined. If necessary, add another tablespoon or two of water.
- Separate the dough into 4 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball, then shape into a bagel.
Boil the Bagels
- Fill a pot with water, 3-4 inches deep. Bring it to a boil.
- Line the air fryer baking pan with parchment paper, set aside*
- Once boiling, grab the bagels and place them in the water. Boil for one minute, then flip and boil another minute. (The bagels will sink to the bottom at first, but should move to the top of the water before the minute is up.)
- Carefully remove the bagels from the water using a spatula or wooden spoon. Place the bagels on the parchment-lined air fryer baking pan.
- Optional: add extra poppy seeds and flaked salt on the boiled bagels.
Air Fry the Bagels
- Place the bagels on the top rack of the air fryer. Set the temperature to 400 degrees and the function to "air fry". Cook the bagels for 5-10 minutes - keep an eye on them to make sure they don't burn. When done, the bagels will be golden brown on top.
The instructions for this recipe are given for the Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven Airfryer
* You may also cook the bagels in the air fryer basket, just be sure to grease the basket so the bagels don't stick.
Keywords: paleo bagels, air fryer recipes, vegan bagels, breakfast recipes, egg free, cassava flour, almond flour, air fryer bagels