This light and easy Paleo broccoli salad is made with blanched broccoli, crispy bacon and coated in a honey mustard dressing. Grain free, dairy free, healthy and easy to make!
- 10 oz package raw broccoli (about 5 cups), blanched*
- 1/2 package cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey (omit for Whole30)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl. This includes the blanched broccoli, cooked bacon, cranberries, red onion, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- Make the dressing: combine all dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and combine using tongs, a spatula or large spoon.
- Serve immediately, or cover and store in the fridge.
*You do not have to blanch the broccoli (can serve it raw) but I prefer it blanched for this recipe. To blanch broccoli, first bring a large pot of water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice and water, enough to cover the cooked broccoli. Trim the broccoli, removing most of the stems and cutting them into small bit-sized pieces. Place the broccoli in the boiling water for about 1 minute, then drain the water and place in the ice bath. Dry the broccoli on a dish towel or paper towels, removing as much of the water as possible.
Keywords: Side dish, broccoli salad, paleo salad, whole30, broccoli and bacon, honey mustard, light and easy broccoli salad, healthy salad