These Paleo Chocolate Covered Cereal Bars are a healthy, kid friendly Paleo dessert option. They are grain free, dairy free, sweetened with honey and made with Lovebird cereal.
- Line an 8" x 8" baking pan with foil or parchment paper, set aside.
- For the Cereal Bars: In a small sauce pan, combine almond butter, honey, coconut oil, vanilla and salt. Set on the stove top, over low heat, until the coconut oil has fully melted.
- Turn off the stove and add in cereal. Stir with a spatula until the cereal is fully coated in the almond butter mixture.
- Firmly press the coated cereal into the lined baking pan. Place the bars in the freezer while you melt the chocolate topping.
- For the Chocolate Topping: In a small sauce pan, melt chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently. Once fully melted, add in the almond butter. Stir until smooth.
- Grab the bars from the freezer. Pour the melted chocolate over the bars. Use a spatula to spread the chocolate over the bars, coating the entire surface.
- Place the bars in your fridge or freezer to set. (I let them sit in the fridge overnight.)
- Cut and Serve: Remove the bars from the pan and use a large, sharp knife to cut the bars into 16 equal pieces.
- Storage: Cereal bars are best stored in the fridge up to two weeks.
*I used Lovebird Honey Cereal. Use the code "bakeitpaleo" for a 10% discount.
Keywords: cereal bars, Paleo cereal, egg free, almond butter bars, kid friendly, Paleo dessert, no bake dessert