This healthy, low sugar Paleo Chocolate Torte is the perfect no-bake summer treat. It has a crumbly pecan-coconut crust and a rich, creamy dark chocolate filling. This torte is Paleo, Vegan and Keto friendly.
- 1 cup raw pecan pieces
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 cup coconut cream*
- 1 cup chocolate chips**
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- For the Crust: In food processor, combine all crust ingredients. Blend, stopping every so often to scrape the sides, until the mixture starts to clump and hold together.
- Pour the the crust mixture into a 6" round springform pan. Using your hands, firmly press the crust into an even, level layer.
- For the Filling: Place chocolate chips and coconut cream in a small sauce pan. Melt on the stove top over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Once mixture is fully melted, remove from heat and add remaining filling ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Pour filling over crust.
- Add desired toppings (optional).
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until fully set.
- Store in fridge or freezer***
*Use just the cream from a can of full fat coconut milk. One can produces approximately one cup, which is enough.
**I recommend 70% dark chocolate, but you may use chocolate with a lower cocoa content for a sweeter filling. For keto, use keto friendly chocolate chips.
***Torte will stay solid at room temperature, however it must be stored in the fridge or freezer. Cut before storing in freezer.
Keywords: cake, torte, no bake, raw, Paleo, Vegan, Keto, dessert, chocolate, no added sugar, low carb, summer