Delicious, light and airy Paleo Gingerbread Muffins. These muffins are made with cassava flour and have a delicious, bold gingerbread flavor. Perfect for snacking, breakfast or even dessert.
- 1 cup cassava flour (115g) sifted, spooned & leveled
- 1/3 cup ground sunflower seeds (30g) spooned & leveled*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1-2 Tbsp sweetener of choice**
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients: cassava flour, sunflower seed flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and clove.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients: eggs, molasses, avocado oil, water, vanilla and optional sweetener.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter into a silicone lined muffin pan, filling each muffin cup nearly to the top (making 8 muffins).
- Bake at 350 F degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature on a wire cooling rack.
*I ground raw sunflower seeds in a coffee grinder, then measured 1/3 cup. Almond flour will work as a substitute.
**I did not add any sweetener (besides molasses) to this recipe. If you want a sweeter muffin, add 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite sweetener (honey, maple syrup...).
Keywords: muffins, nut free, gingerbread, Paleo, cassava flour, snack, gingerbread muffins, Paleo muffins