These mint chocolate cookie bars have a fudgy brownie crust that's topped with a creamy mint-coconut filling. These bars are bars are no-bake, paleo, vegan and gluten free.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour, packed (125g)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (38g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut cream*
- 3 Tbsp drippy almond butter (unsalted, unsweetened)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp spirulina powder
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp peppermint flavoring**
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line an 8" x 8" baking pan with aluminum foil, set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all crust ingredients, mix well.
- Transfer the crust dough to the lined baking pan and press firmly into place making a level, even crust.
- For the filling, slightly melt the coconut cream in either your microwave or on the stove top so that it is soft and just barely melted*
- Add the melted coconut cream to a medium sized mixing bowl, along with all other filling ingredients (except chocolate chips) and whisk until smooth.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Pour filling over crust. (You may add a few additional chocolate chips on top of the filling for decoration.)
- Place bars in the fridge overnight, or for at least 6 hours.
- Remove cookie bars from pan and cut.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
For a low carb option, swap the maple syrup for a liquid sugar-free sweetener.
*Be sure to use just the the cream (not the milk) from a can of full fat coconut milk. It is important to slightly melt/soften the coconut cream prior to mixing with other ingredients or else the filling texture won't turn out quite right. Cold coconut cream likes to clump and separate, but mixes well when slightly warmed.
**I used peppermint flavoring for this recipe, which is a mixture of organic sunflower oil and organic peppermint. If you're using a peppermint extract or essential oil then try adding a drop or two at a time until you get the right amount of mint flavor, as they have a much stronger taste.
Keywords: mint chocolate chip cookie bars, no bake mint chocolate bars, chocolate mint cookie bars, paleo mint chocolate bars, vegan mint chocolate cookie bars, healthy mint chocolate cookie bars recipe, no bake mint chocolate brownies