Healthy, no-bake Paleo Pumpkin Bars with a nutty pecan crust, creamy pumpkin filling and dark chocolate topping.
- 150 g Medjool dates, pitted (about 9 dates)*
- 1 cup coconut cream**
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (1.5 oz)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- chopped pecan pieces (optional)
- bee pollen (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- For the crust: place all crust ingredients in food processor. Blend, stopping to scrape the sides a few times, until mixture starts to clump.
- Firmly press crust into a foil lined 8" x 8" baking pan. Set aside.
- For the Filling: Place pitted dates in a small microwaveable bowl. Cover with water and heat (on high) in microwave for 2 minutes. Drain water and blend dates in food processor for a few seconds.
- Add remaining filling ingredients to food processor. Blend well, stopping to scrape the sides every so often.
- Pour filling over crust and place in fridge overnight to set (or at least 6 hours).
- For the topping: Melt chocolate and coconut oil in small sauce pan, stirring frequently.
- Remove bars from fridge and cut into 16 equally sized pieces. Place bars on wire cooling rack or parchment paper (make sure there is a small amount of space between each bar) and drizzle with melted dark chocolate. Immediately add chopped pecans, bee pollen and cinnamon.
- Store bars in fridge.
*You may use any type of pitted date, just be sure to measure by grams
**1 can of full fat coconut milk will produce about 1 cup coconut cream. Be sure to use just the cream that rises to the top. I recommend using coconut cream that has been kept at room temperature to ensure best results.
Keywords: pumpkin, no bake, Paleo, Vegan, dessert