These paleo pumpkin blondies are made with cassava flour and sweetened with coconut sugar. They're fluffy, moist and full of pumpkin flavor!
- 1/2 cup cassava flour (70g)
- 3 Tbsp tapioca flour (22g)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (115g)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup non-hydrogenated shortening, melted (67g)*
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks (or chips)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8" x 8" baking pan (or 7" x 11") with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine cassava flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, pumpkin spice, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in the pumpkin, eggs, melted shortening, and vanilla. And lastly, fold the chocolate chunks in to the batter.
- Pour the batter into your lined baking dish. Use a spatula to smooth the batter so that it's in an even, lever layer.
- Place the blondies in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 28-30 minutes. You'll want the blondies to be slightly under-baked in the middle, as they continue to set while cooling in the pan.
- Remove the blondies from the oven and cool the to room temperature in the baking dish.
- Cut to desired size and serve!
*May substitute with butter or coconut oil
Keywords: paleo pumpkin blondies, pumpkin blondies recipe, recipe for pumpkin blondies, gluten free pumpkin blondies, healthy pumpkin blondies, grain free pumpkin blondies, paleo pumpkin dessert