Low carb, Paleo puppy chow that tastes just as addictive as the classic recipe, but is actually healthy! Perfect for a grain free, dairy free sweet treat.
- Pour the cereal into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a small sauce pan over low heat. Once the chocolate is fully melted, turn off the stove top and mix in the almond butter and vanilla.
- Pour the chocolate-almond butter mixture over the cereal. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to mix the ingredients until the cereal is fully coated.
- Place the cereal in the fridge for 10 minutes***
- Remove the chocolate cereal from the fridge and pour it in a large baggie. Add the powdered sugar (just 1/4 cup to start) and shake the bag, coating the cereal. If necessary, add more powdered sugar.
- Store in a sealed, air-tight container or baggie.
*Any cereal will work, but the best Paleo cereal is from Lovebird. Use the code "bakeitpaleo" for a discount on any purchase
**The best low carb option is powdered monk fruit. Another Paleo (not low carb) option is to make your own powdered sugar from coconut sugar and tapioca flour.
***This step is important if you don't want to add a ton of powdered sugar. As, letting the chocolate harden a little will make it so that the powdered sugar doesn't melt into the chocolate. Be sure to set your timer!
Keywords: Paleo puppy chow, low carb muddy buddies, skinny puppy chow, no bake paleo desserts, chocolate snacks, egg free Paleo recipes, dairy free desserts, grain free cereal