Chocolate mint cookie bars with a soft cookie base, creamy chocolate filling and dark chocolate drizzle. The perfect no-bake, refreshing treat.
- 1/2 cup ground pumpkin seed*
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp ground flax
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut butter (melted)
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)**
- Combine all dry ingredients for the base in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add in water and peppermint extract, mix well.
- Press base dough into a lined 8″ x 8″ pan and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, add all ingredients for filling. Melt on low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is fully melted.
- Pour filling over base.
- Place pan in fridge and let set overnight (or at least 4 hours – until filling is firm).
- Remove cookie bars from pan and cut into 16 even squares.***
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil for the drizzle in a sauce pan (low heat, stirring frequently).
- Drizzle chocolate over pre-cut bars and serve.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
*You may substitute pumpkin seeds for another type of seed or nut. To grind the pumpkin seed, I use a coffee grinder.
**The addition of coconut oil to the chocolate drizzle is optional, but I find adding the coconut thins out the chocolate and makes it easier to drizzle.
***Cutting the bars prior to the chocolate drizzle is not required, but it looks nicer than if you cut the bars after adding a drizzle.
Keywords: no bake, dessert, Paleo, Vegan, dairy free, mint, cookie bar, holiday baking, allergy free, nut free