These no bake peppermint protein bars are made with collagen peptides, almond flour and coconut butter and have a delicious minty flavor.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour, packed (115g)
- 1/4 cup collagen peptides (22g)
- 3 Tbsp golden monk fruit sweetener
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint flavoring
- 2 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp peppermint flavoring
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. This includes the almond flour, collagen, monk fruit and salt.
- Add in wet ingredients. This includes the coconut butter, water, vanilla and peppermint. First, mix with a spatula, then knead dough with your hands until it is well mixed and holds together.
- Press the dough into a lined 8" x 4" baking pan*
- Place bars in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to firm.
- Remove bars from freezer and cut to desired shape/size.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil on your stove-top in a small saucepan. Set heat to low, stirring frequently until chocolate is fully melted. Mix in the peppermint flavoring.
- Spread the protein bars out on a wire cooling rack or sheet of parchment paper. Drizzle chocolate over bars and top with sprinkles.
- Store bars in the fridge or freezer.
*I recommend lining the pan with plastic wrap. Cut a long piece of plastic wrap, fold it in half (to make it thicker), then place it in the pan with the edges draping over the sides. Put the dough in the plastic-lined pan and evenly spread it out with a spatula. Fold the plastic wrap over the dough and use that as a barrier between your hands and the dough to press down the bars.
Keywords: protein bars, peppermint, low carb, Paleo, Keto, snack, bar, holiday