Healthy peppermint puppy chow made from Lovebird grain free cereal, dark chocolate and almond butter.
- Pour the cereal into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a small sauce pan over low heat. Once the chocolate is fully melted, turn off the heat and mix in the almond butter, peppermint flavoring and vanilla.
- Pour the chocolate-almond butter mixture over the cereal. Add the crushed candy canes. Then, use a spatula or wooden spoon to mix the ingredients until the cereal is fully coated.
- Place the cereal in the fridge for 10 minutes. This step is important if you don't want to add a ton of powdered sugar. As, letting the chocolate harden a little will make it so that the powdered sugar doesn't melt into the chocolate. Be sure to set your timer!
- Remove the chocolate cereal from the fridge and pour it in a large baggie. Add the powdered sugar (just ¼ cup to start) and shake the bag, coating the cereal. If necessary, add more powdered sugar.
*Use the discount code "bakeitpaleo" on any Lovebird Cereal purchase
**If using extract instead of peppermint flavoring, then start with just a drop or two. 1 tsp will be too much!
***Instead of powdered monk fruit, you may blend 1 cup of coconut sugar with 1 Tbsp tapioca flour in a food processor. Process the ingredients until the coconut sugar is a fine powder.
Keywords: paleo puppy chow, puppy chow recipe, peppermint puppy chow, christmas puppy chow, puppy chow without peanut butter, grain free puppy chow, paleo dessert, no bake Christmas dessert