These dark chocolate pistachio truffles have a creamy chocolate and pistachio filling that's coated in dark chocolate.
- 3 oz dark chocolate
- 2 Tbsp non-hydrogenated shortening
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios (46g)
- 5 oz dark chocolate
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp shelled pistachios
- Place dark chocolate and shortening in a small sauce pan. Melt on the stove top, over low heat.
- While the chocolate and shortening are melting, grind or chop the pistachios* Set aside.
- Once the chocolate has melted, mix in the coconut cream and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
- Add the ground pistachios to the mixture.
- Place the filling in the fridge and chill for 30-45 minutes, or until firm enough to scoop into balls.
- Once the filling has thickened, grab a small cookie scoop and scoop the filling into balls. Each truffle is about 1 rounded tablespoon in size.
- Place the fillings on a parchment-lined baking sheet or plate and chill in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the fillings are frozen, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a small sauce pan, over low heat.
- Grab the fillings from the freezer and dip them, one at a time, into the melted chocolate.
- Place the fillings back on the lined baking sheet to set.
- Top truffles with chopped pistachios before the chocolate has time to harden.
*The pistachios can either be finely ground or coarsely chopped. I ground mine in a coffee grinder so that the filling had a smoother texture.
Keywords: pistachios, pistachio truffles, paleo truffles, vegan truffle recipe, dark chocolate truffles, chocolate pistachio truffles, dairy free truffles, keto truffles