Easy and healthy Pumpkin Plantain Muffins made with green plantain flour and pumpkin puree and sweetened with banana.
- 1 extra large ripe banana (120g peeled)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup water (or nut milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup green plantain flour, spooned & leveled (133g)
- 1/4 cup ground flax (24g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel the banana and mash in a large mixing bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix using a spatula - the batter is quite thick.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes, then scoop it into a silicone lined muffin pan. Each muffin is about 1/4 cup of batter, making 8-9 muffins.
- Place the muffins in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. If you like your muffins slightly under-baked (as shown in these photos), then I recommend 25 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire cooling rack.
- Best stored in the fridge up to one week.
Keywords: muffins, plantain, no added sugar, paleo, vegan, allergy free, snack