Delicious, nutty Paleo Roasted Coconut Butter. This recipe is Whole 30 approved, Paleo, Vegan and can be made allergy free.
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dry roasted, unsalted macadamia nuts* (optional)
- 1/4 cup raw Brazil nuts (optional)
- 1/4 tsp pink salt* (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread shredded coconut on a large baking pan.
- Place coconut in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until a light golden brown in color.
- Remove baked coconut from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape the sides every so often.
- Remove from food processor and store in glass jar at room temperature.
*If using salted macadamia nuts, then do not add 1/4 tsp salt
**Coconut butter hardens at room temperature. To melt, simply warm it in the microwave for a few seconds. Be careful not to microwave it too long or it will burn. Another option is placing the jar of coconut butter in hot water (but this takes longer).
Keywords: coconut butter, snack, whole 30, Vegan, egg free, no added sugar